These fudgy Oreo brownies are packed with Oreo cookies and are perfect for Oreo lovers! You can make this brownie recipe in one bowl with simple ingredients; they have classic crinkle tops and turn out perfect every time!
Oreo desserts - like my Oreo brookies or Oreo cookie cake are always some of the most popular recipes on Cambrea Bakes! These Oreo brownies are no exception; they are rich and decadent brownies stuffed with chopped Oreos in the center and on top.
I used my favorite dark chocolate brownie recipe as the base for these cookies and cream brownies and they turned out perfect; any chocolate lover will love them!
why you'll love these Oreo brownies
- These brownies are stuffed with Oreo cookies in the center and more chunks of Oreo cookies on top.
- Like my M&M brownies and Biscoff brownies, they come together in one bowl with simple pantry ingredients; no fancy equipment or stand mixer is required.
- These homemade brownies are made with melted chocolate chips and two different cocoa powders so they are extra rich and fudgy; never cakey!
ingredient notes & substitutions
Dutch cocoa powder: Unsweetened cocoa powder is used in this recipe. I don't recommend substituting it because it contributes to the super-rich and chocolatey brownie flavor! I use this in all of my recipes where I want a fudgy texture, like my brownie crinkle cookies.
Chocolate chips: I recommend semi-sweet chocolate chips but you can also use dark chocolate chips!
Black cocoa powder: I tested these Oreo brownies with just regular cocoa powder but they still needed more Oreo flavor. That's when I added some black cocoa powder to the mix; it naturally has a rich Oreo flavor making it perfect for this recipe! I also use it in my cookies and cream cinnamon rolls for that reason!
Oreo cookies: You can use regular or double-stuffed Oreos! You can also substitute the classic chocolate sandwich cookie for one of the specialty or holiday flavors!
Find the full ingredient measurements and instructions in the recipe card below!
Before you start, line a square metal 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper to cover all four sides for easy removal.
Step 1: Whisk the wet ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract until well combined.
Step 2: Melt the butter and chocolate. In a medium bowl, melt the butter and chocolate chips together until smooth. Then whisk in the cocoa powders.
Step 3: Stream the chocolate mixture into the bowl. Slowly stream the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, whisking until just combined.
Step 4: Fold in the dry ingredients. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the all-purpose flour, espresso powder, and salt until just combined.
Step 5: Layer the Oreo cookies. Pour half of the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan. Then press 16 Oreo cookies in an even layer on top of the brownie batter.
Step 6: Bake! Pour the other half of the batter on top of the Oreo layer. Top the batter with extra chopped Oreo cookies. Then bake the Oreo brownies until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out covered in a few moist crumbs.
Let the pan cool on a wire cooling rack, then cut and enjoy!
expert baking tips
- Use a kitchen scale. Baking with a scale is much more accurate than cup measurements. To convert this recipe, click the "metric" button next to the ingredients title on the recipe card. If you do not have a scale, use a spoon to fluff the flour first, then spoon it into your measuring cup.
- Don't over-mix the brownie batter! Once there are no more dry pockets of flour, stop mixing. This will create fudgy and chewy brownies!
- Don't overbake them! When you take the toothpick out of the center, it should NOT be clean. It should be covered in a few moist crumbs. This will keep the brownies moist and fudgy.
- Add white chocolate chips to the batter for even more cookies and cream brownie flavor!
Store leftover brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days. They can be frozen in an airtight container or in a freezer bag for up to 1 month.
Using too much flour or overbaking the brownies can make them drier and cakeier. I highly recommend using a scale to measure the ingredients!
Save the rest of your cookies and make my cheesecake Oreo cookies!
Vanilla extract adds another level of flavor to brownie batter. It's not an essential ingredient though so you can leave it out!
Definitely! Follow the mixing and baking instructions on the back of the box for the best results.
- 10 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ⅔ + ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅛ cup unsweetened Dutch cocoa powder
- ⅛ cup black cocoa powder
- ½ cup light or dark brown sugar packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup + 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder optional
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 16 Oreo cookies for the center
- ⅓ cup chopped Oreo cookies for the top
- Line a square 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper to cover all four sides. Then preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C.
- Melt the butter and chocolate chips together until smooth. Then whisk in both cocoa powders. Set aside.10 tablespoon unsalted butter, ⅔ + ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, ⅛ cup unsweetened Dutch cocoa powder, ⅛ cup black cocoa powder
- Whisk the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until combined. Stream the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until just combined.½ cup light or dark brown sugar, ½ cup granulated sugar, 2 large eggs, 1 large egg yolk, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Fold in the flour, espresso powder, and salt until just combined. Then pour half of the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan (about 340 grams).⅔ cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon espresso powder, ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Place the Oreo cookies on top of the batter, then spread the rest of the batter on top. Sprinkle the chopped Oreos over the top of the brownies. Then bake for 33-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out covered in a few moist crumbs.16 Oreo cookies, ⅓ cup chopped Oreo cookies
- Let the baking pan cool on a wire rack compeltely before cutting into 16 squares. Enjoy!
- Store leftover brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days. You can also freeze the brownies after cutting in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to one month!
The calorie information provided for the recipe is an estimate. The accuracy of the calories listed is not guaranteed.