Obsessed with these super soft and chewy strawberry sugar cookies!
I'm sure the last thing you think of when you think of cookies is ones that have fruit in them. I love experimenting with new cookie dough ideas. Because the ratio of ingredients is so simple, its so easy to incorporate new flavors into them.
Want to know my favorite fruit? Strawberries. Always strawberries.
Even as a kid it was about the only fruit I ever enjoyed. Although back then I would add about a cup of sugar to them before enjoying (why).
Being that strawberries are only really delicious a few months of the year, I've had to find other ways of enjoying them. One of my newest favorites is dehydrated strawberries.
So no, these strawberry cookies are not made from cake mix. They are made with dehydrated berries that we re-hydrate and they give our cookie dough the most amazing strawberry flavor!!!
How to Make Strawberry Cookies
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 stick of butter and ¾ cup of sugar. Cream together with the paddle until combined.
- Add 1 room temperature egg and mix to combine.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and mix to combine.
4. Add 1 cup of flour, ½ teaspoon of salt, ¾ teaspoon of baking powder to the wet ingredients. Mix to combine.
5. Add ⅛ cup of water to ¾ cup of dehydrated strawberries. Mix to hydrate them. Then add them to the cookie dough.
6. Scoop the cookie dough using a tablespoon scoop onto a parchment lined baking pan.
7. Add ¼ cup of more strawberries to a bowl and re-hydrate them with a bit of water. Press a few onto the top of each cookie ball. Freeze for 10 minutes.
8. Bake at 325 for 12 minutes.
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extra
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tbsp baking powder
- ¾ cup dehydrated strawberries
- ⅛ cup water
- ¼ cup dehydrated strawberries to top
- 2 tsp water, to top
- In a medium bowl, measure out the flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the soft butter and sugar. Cream together until combined.
- Add the room temperature egg and vanilla extract. Mix to combine. Scrape down the bowl to mix completely.
- Add the bowl of dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add the ¾ cup of strawberries to a bowl and add the ⅛ cup of water to hydrate. Mix to combine, then add to the cookie dough. Fold into the dough with a spatula.
- Scoop the dough with a tablespoon scoop onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- Combine the second strawberry and water amount together. Press the strawberries onto the top of each cookie dough ball. Freeze the dough for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 325 for 12 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack, then enjoy!
More Cookie Recipes
- Salted Caramel Popcorn Cookies
- Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Double Chocolate S'mores Cookie Recipe
- Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Snickerdoodle Cookies (no cream of tartar!)
- Dark Chocolate Churro Madeleine Cookies Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Oreo Crumb Cookies
- Creme Brûlée Thumbprint Cookies
- The Best Linzer Cookies with Cranberry Port Jam
- Easy Cinnamon Crunch Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice S'more Whoopie Pies
- The Best Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies