This gluten free strawberry banana bread is the BEST freaking banana bread you will ever eat in your life.
Not only does it put regular banana bread to shame, but the texture is out of this world, there's no way you would know its gluten-free unless I told you...like I'm telling you right now!!!
Made with half strawberry flavor and half banana, its a perfect mashup of flavors and neither one is over powering the other.
Also a handful (or two) of dark chocolate chips got thrown in and that was definitely not a mistake. Banana bread is always instantly better when you add chocolate chips!
You absolutely need this super easy gluten free strawberry banana bread recipe, even if you're a gluten lover (like moi) it's always nice to try something new!!
How To Make Gluten Free Strawberry Banana Bread
- Line a 4x8 loaf pan with parchment, and spray the sides that aren't covered with baking spray. Preheat the oven to 350.
- Thaw the 1 ½ cups frozen strawberries until soft. Add them to the milk and blend together until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add 1 mashed banana, ½ cup light brown sugar, ½ cup dark brown sugar, and 6 tbsp melted butter.
4. Add 2 eggs and 2 tsp of vanilla extract to the bowl the whisk until combined.
5. Pour in the strawberry milk and whisk to combine.
6. Add the 3 ⅓ cup 1:1 gluten free flour, ¾ tsp salt, 1 ½ tsp baking soda and ⅓ cup chocolate chips to the bowl and whisk to combine.
7. In a small bowl, combine 2 tbsp butter, ¼ cup gluten free flour, and ¼ cup light brown sugar. Mix to combine until the butter is completely coated in the sugar and flour.
8. Pour the batter into the loaf pan, and top with the brown sugar streusel.
9. Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with very few crumbs and isn't wet.
10. Let cool completely before cutting!
More Gluten Free Recipes
More Breakfast & Brunch Ideas
- Fried Strawberry Doughnuts Recipe
- Easy Cheddar Jalapeño Biscuits with Honey Butter
- Puff Pastry Crusted Breakfast Quiche
- Coconut and Fresh Lime Pancakes
- Chai Spiced Fresh Apple Scones
- Warm Baked Chocolate Chip Cardamom Muffins
- Brown Sugar Brûléed Brioche French Toast
- Easy Homemade Cheddar Jalapeno Bagels Recipe
Gluten-Free Strawberry Banana Bread
- 1 ⅓ cup 2% milk
- 1 ½ cup frozen strawberries, thawed
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 ripe banana, about ½ cup mashed
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 ⅓ cup gluten-free flour, 1:1 bobs red mill
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup chocoalte chips, optional
Brown Sugar Streusel Topping
- ¼ cup gluten free flour
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cold butter
- Line a 4x8 loaf pan with parchment and spray the sides that arent covered. Preheat the oven to 350.
- Let the 1 ½ cup strawberries thaw at room temperature until soft or microwave until thawed. Then in a blender, combine the 1 ⅓ cup of milk and the strawberries. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mash 1 banana (about ½ cup mashed). Add the ½ cup light brown sugar, ½ cup dark brown sugar, and 6 tbsp melted butter.
- Add 2 eggs and 2 tsp of vanilla and whisk until combined. Then pour in the strawberry milk and combine.
- Add 3 ⅓ cups gluten-free flour, ¾ tsp salt, 1 ½ tsp baking powder and ⅓ cup of chocoalte chips. Mix to combine into the wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the streusel, ¼ cup light brown sugar, ¼ cup gluten-free flour, and 2 tbsp butter. Mix together with your hands until the butter is coated well by the flour and sugar. Sprinkle over the top of the banana bread loaf.
- Bake at 350 for 60-65 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out with crumbs but is not wet.
- Allow to cool completely before cuting.
- Top with powdered suar milk glaze and fresh strawberries!