This eggless chocolate mousse recipe is a twist on classic chocolate mousse, except obviously made with no eggs!!!
It's a super light and airy mousse and has a super rich chocolate flavor.
This chocolate lovers recipe is super easy and requires little to no effort at all. All you need is some good quality dark chocolate, a few fresh avocados, some whipped cream, and a food processor or blender!
This is the perfect make-ahead dessert, but even if you're pressed on time the mousse doesn't require any refrigeration before enjoying, which means its done in 15 minutes!
This eggless chocolate mousse recipe is perfect for special occasions or for a great week night dessert!
The 4 Simple Ingredients You Need
- High quality dark chocolate- I always recommend a good quality chocolate in any recipe, it just makes the biggest difference! I used ghiradelli
- Avocado- we use fresh avocado to make our mousse thick and creamy without egg yolks or whipping egg whites!
- Honey- for a bit of sweetness since were using a bitter dark chocolate. You could also substitute maple syrup (especially is you're vegan!)
- Whipped cream- I highly recommend making your own whip (because its so easy) but store bought whip is just as good!
How to Make this Easy Eggless Chocolate Mousse Recipe
For a small portion eggless chocolate mousse:
- In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips. Heat in the microwave or over a double boiler until melted. Set aside.
- Scoop out the flesh of 1/2 a fresh avocado and add to a blender.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey to the blender.
- Pour in the melted chocolate.
5. Blend until smooth and lump free, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
6. Use a spatula to scrape out the chocolate mixture and add it to a large bowl.
7. Add about 1/2-1/3 cup of whipped cream to the chocolate mixture and fold to combine.
8. If making your own whipped cream, add 1/4 cup of whipping cream and 1 1/2 tbsp of confectioners' sugar to a stand mixer bowl. Whip with the whisk attachment, or whip by hand until the cream is at stiff peaks form. Fold into the chocolate mixture until combined.
9. Fill a piping bag with the mousse or just use a spoon and fill 1 glass jar or container.
10. Top with more whipped cream, fresh blackberries, fresh raspberries, chocolate shavings or chopped chocolate!
11. Enjoy immediately or place in the fridge to enjoy later! As the mousse becomes cold in the fridge it will become more firm.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I want a sweeter mousse?
- You can definitely substitute the dark bitter 66% bittersweet chocolate for a semisweet chocolate instead!
- Can I make this for more than one serving?
- Definitely! If you have 6 serving dishes to fill, multiply the recipe by 6 or whatever number you're looking to feed!
- What if I don't have a blender?
- You can definitely use a food processor if you have that! You could also try a hand blender or electric hand mixer, although I am not sure if it will work, it might just make a big mess!!
- Can I make this vegan?
- YES. Substitute the honey for maple syrup and throw a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Scoop out the coconut cream solid and whip that with powdered sugar instead of heavy cream!
Did You Love This Recipe??
I would LOVE if you left a review and rating at the bottom of this post!
Interested in More Chocolate Recipes?
Dark Chocolate Mousse Recipe (without Eggs!)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, 67%, melted
- 1/2 fresh avocado
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup heaving whipping cream or coconut cream about 1/2-1/3 cup store bought whipped cream
- 1 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- black berries, for topping
- extra whipped cream, for topping
- In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips and heat in the microwave or over a double boiler until melted.
- Add 1/2 of a fresh avocado to a blender.
- Add 1 tbsp of honey to the blender.
- Pour in the melted chocolate. Blend everything until smooth and lump free.
- Fold in the 1/2-1/3 cup of whipped cream to the chocolate mixture until combined.
- If making whipped cream from scratch, add 1/4 cup of heaving whipping cream, 1 tbsp of confectioners' sugar to a mixing bowl and whip with the whisk attachment until stiff peaks form. Fold into the chocolate base until combined.
- Fill a piping bag with the mousse, or using a spoon, fill 1 cup, container, or jar.
- Top with extra whipped cream, fresh berries, and chocolate shavings!