The best and the easiest from scratch earl grey pancakes!!!
Topped with a vanilla bean whipped cream, all of it has some serious London fog vibes going on. If you've never had a London fog and have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, go to your nearest barista and order one.
The pancake batter is infused with earl grey flavor and then flipped to perfection! Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or the most important, breakfast for dinner option! Serve with your favorite syrup, fresh fruit and extra whip cream for extra deliciousness!!
How Do You Make Pancakes from Scratch?
Easy. Super easy. Its a matter of combining the wet ingredients together, then adding them to the dry.
- Heat 1 1/4 cup of milk until hot and add 2 tablespoons of loose leaf earl grey tea. Let sit for at least 10 minutes, or until cool.
- In a large bowl, add 2 eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
3. Strain the earl grey leaves from the milk and add the milk to the eggs and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
4. Into the bowl, add 1 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and 2 teaspoons baking powder and mix with a whisk just until combined. There might still be some lumps of flour but that's okay!
5. Heat a medium size pan over medium heat. For mini pancakes, scoop 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan and cook until the top is covered in bubbles, about 1-2 minutes, then flip. Cook another 1 minute and remove from heat.
How to Get Extra Fluffy Pancakes
Ok I'm going to let you guys in on the one and only secret you need to make the fluffiest pancakes EVER, from scratch or from a boxed mix!
Are you ready for it??
Don't. Over mix. Your batter.
That's it. It's literally that simple.
When you add flour to a liquid, it starts to form gluten strands inside the dough or batter. These "gluten strands" bind tightly to each other and make the pancakes tough and chewy, instead of light and fluffy!
Look for More Breakfast Ideas?
Earl Grey Pancakes from Scratch
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp earl grey tea leaves
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- In a bowl, heat 1 1/4 cup milk until hot. Add 2 tbsp earl grey tea leaves and mix to combine. Let sit for at least 10 minutes, or until the milk is cool.
- In a large bowl, add 2 eggs and 2 tsp vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Strain the tea leaves from the milk and pour into the bowl, whisking to combine.
- Add the 1 1/2 cup flour, 2 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, and 2 tsp baking powder to the bowl and whisk just until combined. There might still be some flour lumps but thats okay you dont want to overmix it!
- Heat a medium sized pan over medium heat. Scoop the batter using a 1/4 cup and pour into the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the top starts to bubble, then flip and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from heat and enjoy!
To Make the Whipped Cream
- Place 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream, 1/8 cup of powdered sugar, and 1 tsp of vanilla bean paste into a mixing bowl and whip until medium to stiff peaks form. Top the pancakes with the whipped cream and enjoy!