It's just not the holidays without this super simple, ultra dream cinnamon coconut rum cocktail!
A former coworker of mine's wife is Puerto Rican, and introduced me to the Puerto Rican cocktail known as Coquito.
It's basically their version of eggnog, and let me just tell you now that it is FAR superior to eggnog. You can't fight me on this one.
If you love coconut, rum, and warm cozy feelings, you will LOVE this drink. Its inspired by the coquito that I had
What is in the Coconut, Cinnamon, Rum Cocktail
This cocktail is super simple and consists of just a few flavors.
Here's what you will need:
- heavy cream
- vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- white or gold rum
- coconut milk
How to Make the Cocktail
An authentic coquito is made with sweetened condensed milk. Instead of using the canned kind, you make it from scratch and it's incredibly easy.
- To make the sweetened condensed milk you will boil equal parts cream and sugar with vanilla. That's it!
2. After it boils for a few minutes you will let it cool while the rest of the drink comes together.
3. Then in a large bowl the rum, coconut milk, cinnamon and nutmeg is whisked to combine. When the condensed milk is cooled, you will add it to the bowl with the rest of the drink and whisk again to combine.
4. This drink is meant to be served cold, so it needs to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. In this time it will thicken up and get super creamy.
5. After its chilled, pour it into a glass and garnish with fresh nutmeg and shredded coconut flakes.
Coconut, Cinnamon and Rum Cocktail- Coquito
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- 3-4 shots white or gold rum
- In a small pot, add the cream, sugar, and vanilla. Heat over medium low until the sugar dissolves, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, add the coconut milk, rum, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
- When the cream is cool, add to the bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour into a jug or carafe and place in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve chilled with extra freshly grated nutmeg and shredded coconut.