This chocolate churro Madeleine cookie recipe is the BEST! I'm talking rich chocolate churro central!!
The madeleine itself is a rich chocolate cookie that gets coated in a cinnamon sugar mix right after baking.
Madeleines are super easy to make, the only requirement is a Madeleine pan! I got mine on amazon for like $10 and they come in all different sizes and can be rubber or metal! If you decide to get a metal one, just make sure its non stick, otherwise you'll have a heck of a time getting them out of the pan after baking!
Here is a link to two Madeleine pans I have!
What is Madeleine Cookie?
Ok so technically they're not cookies, they're actually little butter cakes! But honestly, they're small and I can eat almost the whole thing in one bite so we're calling them cookies.
They are a French cookie and their signature shape is always a shell.
They're a bit crispy on the outside and cake-y on the inside. Their most common and typical flavor is made with fresh lemon zest and then topped with a lemon glaze.
Madeleines are perfect with your morning coffee, or just as a little dessert snack. How ever you decide to eat them, they're delicious any way!!! This chocolate churro madeleine cookies recipe is bound to be your new favorite!!
How to Make Chocolate Churro Madeleine Cookies
- In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Then use the whisk attachment to add the eggs and whip on high for 7-8 minutes. This is necessary for the madeleines to get their signature dome on top. They should be really pale and super fluffy when they're done!
- Melt your chocolate chips in the microwave in 10 second increments, stirring in between rounds until completely melted.
- When the eggs are done whipping, pour in the chocolate. Add the vanilla as well and mix to combine.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Fold the dry ingredients into the egg and sugar mixture until combined.
- Pipe into a non stick Madeleine pan or well greased Madeleine pan. They should be filled about ¾ of the way.
- Bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes, or until you can touch the top and it springs back.
- Let cool for 20 minutes, then carefully remove them from the pan.
- In a small dish or plate, combine the cinnamon and sugar together. Roll each Madeleine in the sugar until completely coated. If the sugar isn't sticking, you can brush each one with a simple syrup then roll them in the sugar. This will also help keep them a bit more moist for a few extra days to enjoy them!
- They typically last only 1 or 2 days before they begin to stale.
If you try this recipe please leave a review and comment down below telling me what you think!!
Chocolate Churro Madeleine Cookie Recipe
- 1 stick unsalted buter, soft
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar, for rolling
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon, for rolling
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- in a stand mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar. Cream together until combined. Then add the eggs and whip with the whisk attachment for 7-8 minutes or until pale and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 10-15 second increments or until melted. When the eggs are done whipping, add the chocolate and the vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and add the dry ingredients. Fold in gently with a spatula.
- Fill a piping bag with the batter and pipe ¾ full into the madeleine mold.
- Bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes or until you can touch the top and the cake springs back.
- Let cool for 20 minutes, then carefully remove from the pan.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar together in a dish or bowl and roll each madeleine in the sugar. If the sugar isnt sticking, boil ½ cup of water with ½ cup of sugar for a simple syrup. When the sugar is dissolved, remove from the heat and let cool. Brush each cookie with the syrup and then roll in the cinnamon sugar.
More Cookie Recipes
- Salted Caramel Popcorn Cookies
- Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Double Chocolate S'mores Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate Snickerdoodle Cookies (no cream of tartar!)
- Soft and Chewy Strawberry Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Oreo Crumb Cookies
- Creme Brûlée Thumbprint Cookies
- The Best Linzer Cookies with Cranberry Port Jam
- Easy Cinnamon Crunch Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Soft Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
- The Best Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies